Pakistan cricket Captain Sarfaraz Ahmed Fired

In a surprising unforeseen development, Sarfaraz Ahmed was given the pink slip and is never again the commander of the Pakistani group. Azhar Ali will take over for Tests matches and Babar Azam for T20Is. It isn't clear who will lead the group in ODIs yet.

The Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Ehsan Mani confirmed this change in leadership. As reported on NDTV.com, Mani said, “I want to congratulate Azhar Ali and Babar Azam on their elevations to the most coveted and prestigious jobs in cricket. It is a reward for their continued hard work in strive for excellence and I am sure they, like their predecessors, will make the country proud with their performance, leadership and sportsmanship.”

He said, “Sarfaraz Ahmed’s contributions are second to none and being the gutsy cricketer and fighter that we all know he is, I have no doubts he will be back in Pakistan colours at some stage.”

Azhar Ali the next test match captain said, “There is no bigger honour than to captain the Pakistan national cricket team in the pinnacle format of the game. I feel humbled, excited and privileged, and with the support of the team, look forward to justifying the faith that has been entrusted upon me for the World Test Championship.” 

Also the T20 new captain Babar Azam said “Sarfaraz Ahmed has led the side in the shortest format by example and it is my responsibility to take forward his accomplishments so that we remain a consistent, attractive and powerful side. To be named captain of the No.1 ranked side in the world is the biggest thing that has happened to my career to date. I am ready for this challenge and also willing to learn more in the process. I feel it has been a natural progression for me and I am delighted that the PCB has put faith in my capabilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India Vs Bangladesh U19 World Cup Scuffle by Young Cricketers

Things To Know About Captain Cool – MS Dhoni

Rohit Sharma Sees Potential in Shubman Gill